Epic Records/Legacy Recordings Announce the Release of Strange Euphoria, the First Definitive Career-Spanning Retrospective of Heart, Curated by Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson
Historic 3CD/1DVD Box Set Available Everywhere Tuesday, June 5
NEW YORK, April 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – Epic Records and Legacy Recordings proudly announce the release of Strange Euphoria , the first definitive career-spanning, multi-label boxed set retrospective chronicling the seminal American rock band Heart, personally curated by Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson.
A carefully-considered anthology of biggest hits and best-loved songs set alongside deep catalog treasures, rarities, demos and live performances, Strange Euphoria , three compact discs and one DVD in a deluxe box, will be available everywhere Tuesday, June 5.
“In all the years we have been making music we have seen trends come and go,” said Ann Wilson. “We have always felt that to try and chase the latest ‘it’ sound is pointless, and we have tried to remain true to ourselves as songwriters and musicians. Sometimes we have had amazing success and heard ourselves on the radio… other times not so much, but the music is always playing in our house. In this box we have included many things that until now have never seen the light of day. Also here are our favorite deep tracks and live moments that really speak to who we are on the stage and the connection between us and the people who show up to rock. Enjoy this collection. It has many facets just like we do, but the spirit running through it is all Heart. “
Ann Wilson and her younger sister, Nancy Wilson, first showed the world that women can rock when their band Heart stormed the charts in the 1970s with hits like “Crazy on You,” “Magic Man,” “Barracuda,” ‘Straight On,” “Even It Up,” “Kick It Out,” and many more. Not only did the Wilson sisters lead the band, they wrote the songs and played the instruments, making them the first women in rock to do so. Heart continued topping the charts through the ’80s and into the ’90s with huge hits like “These Dreams,” “Alone,” “Never,” and a string of other hits that showcased the sisters’ enormous talents as both musicians and singers. Along the way, Heart sold more than 35 million records, had 21 top 40 hits, sold out arenas worldwide, and profoundly influenced the sound and direction of American rock music while inspiring women (and guys too!) around the world to rock out in bands of their own.
Heart were 2008 recipients of VH1 Rock Honors, received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Northwest Grammy Foundation, and received ASCAP’s award for Excellence in Songwriting in 2009.
In August 2010, Red Velvet Car , the first new studio album in six years from Heart, entered the Billboard 200 best-selling album charts at #10, becoming the seventh Top 10 album of the group’s career. The group’s first album for Legacy Recordings, Red Velvet Car marked the return of the group to the Sony Music Entertainment family, reaching #1 in sales on Amazon.com in September.
What’s made Heart endure across four decades and 13 studio albums, from Dreamboat Annie (1976) through Red Velvet Car (2010), is simply the quality of the music and the Wilsons’ ability to connect to the emotions and experiences of their audience. Strange Euphoria represents the first time Ann and Nancy have personally curated a collection of their work and is the only time they’ve opened up their vaults for demos and rarities never heard by the public. The set includes song-by-song annotations, anecdotes, and commentary by the Wilson sisters.
Heart – Strange Euphoria – track listing
1. Through Eyes And Glass (by Ann Wilson & The Daybreaks)
2. Magic Man (demo)*
3. How Deep It Goes (demo)*
4. Crazy On You (demo)*
5. Dreamboat Annie (Fantasy Child) + Dreamboat Annie Reprise (edit)*
6. Love Alive
7. Sylvan Song
8. Dream Of The Archer
9. White Lightning And Wine (live at the Aquarius)*
10. Barracuda (live from BBC Radio Concert)*
11. Little Queen
12. Kick It Out
13. Here Song (demo)*
14. Heartless (demo)*
15. Dog & Butterfly (acoustic demo)*
16. Straight On
17. Nada One
1. Bebe le Strange
2. Silver Wheels II
3. Even It Up
4. Sweet Darlin’
5. City’s Burning
7. Love Mistake
8. Lucky Day (demo)*
9. Never (live, with John Paul Jones)*
10. These Dreams
11. Nobody Home
13. Wait For An Answer
14. Unconditional Love (demo)*
15. High Romance (demo)*
16. Under The Sky (demo)*
17. Desire Walks On (“Beach demo” version)*
1. Kiss (by The Lovemongers)
2. Sand (live) (by The Lovemongers)
3. Everything (live) (by Nancy Wilson)
4. She Still Believes (live)*
5. Any Woman’s Blues (demo) (with the Seattle Blues Revue Horns)*
6. Strange Euphoria
7. Boppy’s Back (demo)*
8. Friend Meets Friend (live) (by The Lovemongers)*
9. Love Or Madness (live) *
10. Skin To Skin*
11. Fallen Ones
13. Lost Angel (live)
14. Little Problems, Little Lies (by Ann Wilson)
15. Queen City
16. Hey You
17. Avalon (Reprise)
* previously unreleased
KWSU “The Second Ending – featuring Heart” program
circa February-March 1976
1. Pre Show
3. White Lightning & Wine
4. Dreamboat Annie
5. Silver Wheels
6. Crazy On You
7. Sing Child
8. Soul Of The Sea
9. Devil Delight
10. Magic Man
SOURCE Legacy Recordings
Web Site: http://www.heart-music.com
Categories: Entertainment Tags: Alone, American, Ann Wilson, Artists, ASCAP, band, Barracuda, Billboard, catalog, CD, Crazy on You, demos, Dreamboat Annie, DVD, Epic Records, Even It Up, Excellence in Songwriting Award, Heart, Kick It Out, Legacy Recordings, Lifetime Achievement Award, Magic Man, musicians, Nancy Wilson, Never, rarities, Red Velvet Car, Rock, Singers, sisters, Sony Music Entertainment, Straight On, Strange Euphoria, These Dreams
Of U.S. Adults Who Do Make Resolutions, 60 Percent Already Know They Will Break Them Before They Make Them
GLENDALE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – At the beginning of every new year, we always hear about people making New Year’s resolutions. But surprising findings reveal a majority of American adults don’t actually make them! According to a recent national survey* sponsored by Nestle® Raisinets®, less than one-third (32%) of American adults will make New Year’s resolutions in 2012. Moreover, of those who will, 60% already know they will break them at some point in the new year.
Regardless of whether or not Americans make resolutions, health is still top of mind for the new year. According to survey results, a whopping three-fourths (75%) of American adults are planning to lose weight in 2012. But some interesting findings are revealed about the ways American adults prefer to lose weight.
- Americans Want To Kick Up The Cardio: When asked about the optimal way to lose weight in 2012, among those who plan to do so, “kick up the cardio” (i.e. increasing cardio exercise) led the pack with 33%.
- Eating smaller portions came in second at 30%.
- Choosing “healthy” over “hearty” finished third with 28%.
- Americans Prefer to Lose Weight Solo: Americans who plan to lose weight in 2012, plan to do so without a partner. Only 6% of those surveyed said their optimal way to lose weight would be partnering with a friend. Even more surprising, of those who plan to partner with a friend, respondents who are single and have never married (10%) were twice as likely to partner with a friend vs. their married (5%) counterparts!
- Age Matters: Optimal ways to lose weight vary by age.
- American adults age 55+ who plan to lose weight in 2012 (41%) were twice as likely to choose “eating smaller portions” than 18-34 year-olds (20%).
- And those 18-34 year-old (39%) were nearly twice as likely to “kick up the cardio” as their optimal way to lose weight, and six times as likely to partner with a friend as those 55+ (23%).
Lastly “Deprive Myself and Hope for the Best” was the least popular choice among Americans who plan to lose weight in 2012. With only 3% choosing deprivation as the optimal way to lose weight, Americans are getting smarter about shedding those extra pounds.
“It’s great to know that Americans are continuing to educate themselves about healthy food choices, but we all know deprivation equals diet disaster,” said Tricia Bowles, Nestle Confections & Snacks. “Indulgent treats are part of the joy of eating and Raisinets is a great choice with plump California raisins covered in milk and dark chocolate. The perfectly balanced treat for guilt-free snacking in the New Year!”
Nestle Raisinets provide real fruit in each serving and are a natural source of fruit antioxidants. With 30% less fat than the other leading chocolate brands, Raisinets can be enjoyed as a delicious treat straight out of the package or as an excellent addition to your favorite recipes.
For information on NESTLE RAISINETS, more national survey findings, and delicious recipes featuring RAISINETS visit www.facebook.com/Raisinets.
* The Nestle Raisinets New Year Health Survey was conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Nestle from December 6th-8th, 2011 to a nationally representative sample of 2,246 American adults aged 18+.
About Nestle USA
Named one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for fourteen consecutive years, Nestle provides quality brands and products that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN CUISINE® to baking traditions with NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE®, Nestle USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. That’s what “Nestle. Good Food, Good Life” is all about. Well-known Nestle USA brands include: NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE®, NESTLE® NESQUIK®, NESTLE® COFFEE-MATE®, STOUFFER’S®, LEAN CUISINE®, HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches, NESCAFE®, NESTLE® JUICY JUICE®, BUITONI®, DREYER’S/EDY’S®, NESTLE® CRUNCH®, NESTLE® BUTTERFINGER®, WONKA®, DIGIORNO®, TOMBSTONE® and CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN® frozen pizza. Nestle USA, with 2010 sales of $10.4 billion, is part of Nestle S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2010 sales of $105 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or NestleNewsroom.com.
Categories: News Tags: 2012, American, beverage, Butterfinger, California Pizza Kitchen, Cardio, Coffee-Mate, diet, Digiorno, Dreyer's, Edy's, food, Fortune magazine, health, Hot Pockets, Juicy Juice, Lean Cuisine, Lean Pockets, Nescafe, Nestle, Nestle Crunch, Nestle Toll House, New Year, Raisinets, Resolutions, Stouffer's Lean Cuisine, survey, Tombstone, U.S., weight, Wonka
Bluegreen’s Arizona resort, Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, is a prime location for owners to stay while attending the Michael McDonald and “Boz” Scaggs Concert, Sept. 27.
“This concert will be one of the top things to do for our owner’s,” said Rick Kinert, General Manager of Cibola Vista Resort and Spa.
Boca Raton, Fl (PRWEB) September 27, 2011
Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE: BXG), a leading provider of Colorful Places to Live and Play, today announced that its Arizona resort, Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, is a prime location for owners to stay while attending the Michael McDonald and “Boz” Scaggs Concert, Sept. 27, 2011.
After a day of fun at their resort, Bluegreen owners have the rare opportunity to see two famed artists take the stage. McDonald is a five-time Grammy Award winner as a singer and song writer. He is known for his deep, soulful voice as a member of the Doobie Brothers and as a background vocal for Steely Dan. McDonald’s most recognized songs include: “Takin’ It to the Streets,” “Little Darling,” “It Keeps You Runnin,” “Minute by Minute,” and “What a Fool Believes” (which became a No. 1 single in the U.S., earning him a Grammy Award for Song of the Year in 1980). He is also known for his duet, “On My Own,” with Pattie Labelle, which hit No. 1 on the U.S. charts in 1986.
Performing with McDonald is William Royce “Boz” Scaggs, an American singer, songwriter and guitarist. Scaggs gained fame in the 1970s with several Top 20 singles in the United States, along with his second album, Silk Degrees. Scaggs continues to write, record music and tour. The concert will begin at 8 p.m. Ticket prices range from $75 to $100.
“This concert will be one of the top things to do for our owner’s,” said Rick Kinert, General Manager of Cibola Vista Resort and Spa. “Our Bluegreen resort concierge will be able to assist our owner’s with directions.”
ABOUT BLUEGREEN CORPORATION
Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG) is the leader in providing Colorful Places to Live and Play through its vacation ownership resort and residential real estate business segments. Our more than 3,500 employees are passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences for our owners, travelers and business partners. Since 1996, Bluegreen has managed, marketed and sold a flexible, real estate-based vacation ownership plan with more than 160,000 owners, over 54 owned or managed resorts, and access to more than 4,000 resorts worldwide. Since 1985, Bluegreen Communities has developed master-planned residential and golf communities primarily in the southern and southeastern U.S., and has sold over 55,000 homesites. We also offer a portfolio of comprehensive, turnkey, fee-for-service resort management, financial services, customer generation and sales solutions to third-party developers and lenders. For more information, visit us online at http://www.bluegreencorp.com. See what Bluegreen owners are saying on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Categories: Entertainment Tags: American, Bluegreen's Arizona Resort, Boca Raton, Boz Scaggs, Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, Doobie Brothers, Facebook, FL, Golf, Grammy, guitarist, It Keeps You Runnin, Little Darling, Michael McDonald, Minute by Minute, On My Own, Pattie Labelle, Silk Degrees, songwriter, Steely Dan, Takin' It to the Streets, Twitter, What a Fool Believes
Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Finalists Share the Stage with Aretha Franklin, Jennifer Hudson and More
ALL MADE POSSIBLE BY CADILLAC
Kris Bowers of Los Angeles Wins 2011 International Jazz Piano Competition, Finalists Receive Recognition by President Obama
WASHINGTON, Sept. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, the world’s premier nonprofit jazz education organization, named Kris Bowers , of Los Angeles, the winner of its illustrious 2011 International Jazz Competition at the Institute’s All-Star Gala Concert on Monday, Sept. 12 at the Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater. President Obama congratulated Bowers, second place finalist Joshua White and third place finalist Emmet Cohen at the White House Tuesday, Sept. 13, after they performed among Aretha Franklin , Jennifer Hudson and other jazz greats the previous evening. Events from the 25th Anniversary included:
- The 2011 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition Semifinals – Twelve semifinalists from around the world competed and the three finalists, Kris Bowers , Joshua White and Emmet Cohen were announced at the end of the program. Judges included Herbie Hancock, Ellis Marsalis, Danilo Perez, Jason Moran and Renee Rosnes . (Sunday, September 11, in Baird Auditorium at the Smithsonian Institution, sponsored by Cadillac)
- Thelonious Monk Institute Proclamation Presentation – Mayor Vincent C. Gray declared the day “Thelonious Monk Jazz Day.” (Monday, September 12 at the Mayor’s office)
- All Star Gala Concert – The 25th Anniversary Celebration, co-chaired by Madeleine Albright , Quincy Jones , Debra Lee and Colin Powell , featured an appearance by Aretha Franklin , the Institute’s Founder’s Award honoree. As a part of the evening, the three finalists competed for scholarship prizes and a recording contract with Concord Music Group, which Don Butler , Cadillac vice president of marketing, awarded to first place winner Kris Bowers. Dee Dee Bridgewater , Dianne Reeves , Kurt Elling , Chaka Khan and Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition winners from the past 25 years performed a tribute to Institute Founder’s Award honoree, Aretha Franklin. Jennifer Hudson made a surprise performance, singing “Oh Me Oh My.” After her performance, Herbie Hancock led the Kennedy Center in singing Jennifer Hudson “Happy Birthday” as she celebrated her 30th on stage. (Monday, September 12 at the Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater sponsored by Cadillac)
- Assembly Program at the Duke Ellington School of the Arts – A special informance (informational performance) was presented for hundreds of students by Herbie Hancock, and others. The artists discussed the rich history of jazz and performed a special selection of music demonstrating the many styles of this American art form. ( Tuesday, September 13 at the Duke Ellington School of the Arts)
- Reception at the US Capitol – Thelonious Monk Jr. , Herbie Hancock , and Institute President Tom Carter recognized the Institute’s supporters, sponsors and musicians. (Tuesday, September 13 at the US Capitol)
The pianists traveled to Washington, D.C., from around the world on United Airlines, the official airline of the Thelonious Monk Institute.
About the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz
The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, a nonprofit jazz education organization, was founded in 1986 in memory of the legendary jazz pianist and composer Thelonious Sphere Monk. The Institute fosters the next generation of jazz greats by offering the world’s most promising young musicians college level training by internationally recognized jazz masters, educating young people around the world about jazz through innovative public school programs, and presenting a wide range of initiatives that expand and perpetuate America’s indigenous musical art form.
Visit the Institute at www.monkinstitute.org.
About the Thelonious Monk International Jazz
Competition Since 1987, the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz has presented the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition, which is recognized as the world’s most prestigious jazz competition and for discovering the next generation of jazz masters. Each year, major scholarships and prizes including recording contracts are awarded to the talented young musicians participating in the Competition. The scholarships help pay tuition for college-level jazz education studies and provide funds for private, specialized instruction. Past judges have included Dave Brubeck, Al Jarreau, Quincy Jones, Diana Krall, Branford Marsalis, Marian McPartland, Pat Metheny, and many others.
SOURCE Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz
Web Site: www.monkinstitute.org
Categories: Entertainment, News Tags: Al Jarreau, All-Star, American, Aretha Franklin, art, Award, Branford Marsalis, Cadillac, Chaka Khan, Colin Powell, competition, Danilo Perez, Dave Brubeck, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Diana Krall, Dianne Reeves, Don Butler, Duke Ellington School of the Arts, Eisenhower Theater, Ellis Marsalis, Emmet Cohen, Finalists, Happy Birthday, Herbie Hancock, Institute, International Jazz Competition, Jason Moran, Jazz, Jennifer Hudson, Joshua White, Kennedy Center, Kris Bowers, Madeleine Albright, Marian McPartland, Mayor Vincent C. Gray, Oh Me Oh My, Pat Metheny, piano, President Obama, Quincy Jones, Renee Rosnes, semifinalist, Thelonious Monk, White House